Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fins and Feathers

As most of you know the weather here in Oklahoma has been HOT HOT HOT. So this morning when I got up and it was cool, cloudy with a chance of rain, Will and I headed to the zoo. We normally go a couple of times a month but it has been so hot, so today we a great break!

We arrived about 9AM, feeding time. The elephants are in Tulsa trying to make baby elephants but the Rhinos were out in full force. All 6 of them were facing us and eating. Sounds simple I know but Will thought it was so neat. He just kept saying rhino eat and signing eat. So cute. Our zoo also has what is called Fins and Feathers, it is a show with seals, sea lions and a white bird (I forget what he is). Will has a book with seals, so seeing them do the tricks and make noise was so fun for him. Although he didn't understand why the trainer was up there and why he couldn't "play". We also enjoyed a ride on the Centennial Choo Choo Train. Will loves trains! You actually ride through the exhibit, he really enjoyed it, it was a nice way to spend the day! But the best part was after the zoo, we got to go to Aunt Heather's office and surprise her for lunch! Wonderful day!

My Mom made me sit down :( This was the best I could do

The train had to make some stop before entering and exiting the exhibit. Will was unimpressed. You can see here he is signing for more!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

He is getting so big! I miss you guys so much!

Alicia said...

Blog much?! i demand more pictures!